Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday Sketch: Inspiration

Today I share with you a card that is based on 

I love the watercolor look on
Tim Hotz tag made with
the distress markers.
So if you want to know
how the technique with these
markers is done you must take a 
where everything is explained
with lots of pictures.

Here is my card
I used the house stamp
and the mini dog.
The sentiment is by Tim Holtz.
First i stamped the house with archival black
on watercolor paper and colored it
in the Tim Holtz technique with the
use of distress markers.
I made the background with manila tag paper.
Used the direct to paper technique.
I put some picket fence distress ink and 
taenished brass distress paint on my craft
sheet with a little water.
When it was dry (with the heat gun) I stamped
the house on it with archival black.
The dock is also colored in the watercolor technique
and the sentiment is stamped with versamark
 and embossed with white embossing powder.

Here the inside of the card with the
use of the house stamp
again as a background stamp.
This sentiment is from Darkroom Door.

Have a creative day!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the colors and distress techniques you used on Mike's house stamp! Thanks so much for sharing the process you used to create this beautiful card! hugs, Laura

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the colours and the "many" houses, a GREAT card with the fabby dog outside the house, love the design.
Faith
x