Friday, December 27, 2013

Club Scrap Aspen Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to another
Club Scrap Blog Hop.
This month we present to you the Aspn kit.

Have you come over her from Tricia's Blog
with her always so efficient ideas?

Well, if you get lost,you can always go back to the
where you find a list of all the participants 
you must see with all their
wonderful and inspirational creations.

This time of the year, I am always into calenders
and this is what I came up with for you:
It is a desktop calendar that you cannot use only for
the next year,but for all the years to come. 
Just change the number of the year!

For this project I used:
Aspen papers
Aspen Stamps
Old set of Monthly stamps from 2007
Centenial casualnubers 2007
a bind-it-all machine

Take one 12x12 inch cardstock of your choice
and fold it in half.
Cut it at 9,5 inch vertical. Use your score-pal to score
at 4 inches from the folded side. The calendar
will be on the top side and below the fold 
will be where it stands on.

The folded side will be put into the bind-it-all machine
to make the holes for the owires.
Information about the use of th bind-it-all
you can find here.

I am thankful to have the pops in my kit
and they were cut just right for this project.
I used these strips for the
Months
days
numbers.

Each card is 2"x 3,25""  and the numbers are 2"x 2,5.
I rounded each card with a corner punch.

For the decorating the backgrounds of the cards
I used the UM Aspen stamps
and also these months and number stamps 
still in my collection from 2007. 
Here you see the finished project,where the owire
holds the cards. This way you can just bring them
to the back of the calendar to adjust the right date.
And you can just make it into any date.
The blackcards are 12, one for every month.
The days of the week are seven cards and
for the numbers you need on one side just 4 cards
(0,1,2,3) and 10 on the other side (1,2,3....9 and 0).
See, any date can be made this way.

A fun sentiment on the calendar for decoration

and the number of the year. This is done with 
the cricut machine and can be changed every year.

Now I also work on another calendar idea,but not
finished yes,please come back on Saturday to see
my other desktop calendar.

And now more inspiration on 
I am just as curious as you
to see what she has come upwith this time.


Have a creative day!









25 comments:

Gerrina said...

Wat een leuk idee en gelukkig duidelijke uitleg... Groetjes, Gerrina

Annette said...

What a very cool idea Hetty. A pertpetual calendar would make a great new years gift. thanks so much.

Desire Fourie said...

Hetty, I so love your fun calendar. Its such a wonderful gift idea too. Thanks for sharing the how too.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck. }
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Classygirl said...

Love your calendar idea! I never think to make mini calendars...great idea and a neat gift idea too!

Marya said...

Hetty, this is fantastic! I really love this idea of a perpetual calendar - use your favorite kit all year round! Your finished product came out beautifully.

Tricia Morris said...

This is a seriously COOL calendar, Hetty! I really need a binding thingie!

Lisa Kay--Paper Artist said...

Practical and pretty--my favorite crafting combination! Thanks for showing us how to make this fun and useful project.

bossann said...

I've been thinking about making a perpetual calendar for a year or more but couldn't find one I liked...until now. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Your desk calendar is great. I like the binding on this, I have to try it. TFS

Lisa D said...

Great calendar that you can use more than one year! Brilliant, Hetty!

Sharon Sutton said...

Great calendar.

Unknown said...

I love your perpetual calendar Hetty! The Aspen kit is perfect for it.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful perpetual calendar, Hetty!!

Jill P said...

I love this idea great job on the calendar!

Kay Williamson said...

Oh Hetty, such an awesome calendar project! Of course you are all ready for 2014 to hit now, I would love having that calendar out all next year for sure! so cool!

Ruby Wilkes said...

Love your calendar. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Laura said...

Hetty, I have been thinking of your calendars. Ran across your
Calendar from 2012. I love this perpetual calendar. So cool that you have designed this. Love it!! Thanks for the tutorial!!! Hugs, Laura

Heidi said...

So very creative! Love this calender - thank you for the idea!

Capescrapper said...

Hetty!! oh my gosh, just love your calendar project! Thanks for sharing!

slbt17 said...

fun project Hetty!
Sandra ltb

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

I will be working on this project this weekend. TFS.

Donna said...

What a fun project!

canadian_liner said...

Fantastic project--beautiful and practical and perfect for the person who has everything! (i.e.: hard to shop for). Thanks for all the details.

MyAuntKat said...

Hetty, thanks so much for the wonderful idea. I was hoping to find a clever idea because my Club Scrap 2013 calendar is almost done. Now I can be all set for 2014 and beyond with your creative calendar!

Queen of Dishing said...

I loved this the second I saw it, this is the second blog in a row though that makes me "need" to buy another scrapping/crafting device!