Friday, February 14, 2014

Tim Holtz tag 2014 Febuary Valentine



Here is my second tag of this year for the 
 Tim Holtz challenge and because it
is a Valentine tag,why not having it ready on
Valentine's day?!

If you want to see Tim's tag first, go HERE
and see all the instuctions too.

It is always fun to try and make a tag like Tim's
even when you do not have all the right materials.

I made the tag for my DH and he has a mustasche,
so I thouight i would use the mustasche stamp.

First i colored the tag with distress stains
(loving them a lot!).

Using a heart template of my own for the background 
of the tag,with different colors of red distress ink.
And embossing the hearts with clear embossing powder.

The heart die I have and so I cut it from grungeboard,
colored the heart red and added glossy accent on top.
Used fired brick red glitters and let it all dry.

For the arrows i cut these with one of the dies
and embossed the arrows with silver embossing powder.

Meanwhile i also stamped and embossed the mustache stamp
 like a chalk board,but forgot to take a picture.

For the sentiment I ussed Tim's label stamp in red
and a box of abc stamps to make up the sentiment I wanted.

Cutting out the sentiments and distressing them before
adding them to the tag.

The bottom of the tag is a silver cardstock border
from  the vintage lace decorative strip die.




 Have a lovely and creative day!






8 comments:

Vada said...

Hello Hetty, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Had to pop in and comment on your tag. Outstanding Job GF! I didn't have the heart stencil either, but you did a great job on making your own.
Hugs Vada

Claudine said...

Really nice take on Tim's Feb tag. I love what you've done with this.

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Great tag Hetty! Love your little glossy accents and glitter heart. Hope you had a good valentine too.;)

Lisa H said...

very fun! I love how you subbed in the mustache stamp and had a punny sentiment to go with it.

Anonymous said...

Using silver cardstock at the bottom of your tag is very creative! If you had not said anything I would have thought it was metal. ^^

Cathy Michels said...

Hi Hetty. Lovely tag and very cute sentiment! Happy Valentine's Day and thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments.

Laura said...

Your sentiment is so cute Hetty!!!! Your tag is wonderful!!! Love your creative ideas!!! Hugs, Laura

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the mustache here! So darn cute! Excellent take!