Saturday, May 24, 2014

TJ Emboss Washi tape & CS NSD challenge 2

Today I am combine several issues:

1. participating in the NSD challenge at Club Scrap

2.my Saturday card for the Michael Strong group

3. my daily postings for the Technique Junkies group

So let's start with the Club Scrap challenge:
The teme trough all these challenges is my
woodgrain embossing folder and I liked the post 
from Tricia, Kay and Karen sharing their ideas
about what to do with the foldere HERE.

So I started with technique 1. by Tricia
using dark paper and white ink
When the card was finished it turned out
that this card was also my Saturday card for
the Michael Strong group!
I used Club ScrapAspen papers
Michael Strong's Owl stampand a sentiment Joanne.

Also I did Kay's technique with the gelato's:
Here I used Club Scrap Aspen papers
and It's a hoot ruber stamps.
The owlis colored with pencil.

Now as for the Technique Junkies post,
I chose the Embossed Washi Tape technique from
the Oct/Nov 2013 newsletter
All stamps and papers are Club Scrap's 
Aspen kit. Washi tape from stash.

Now I was having so much fun with my embossing
folder, that I came up with another technique with the gelatos.
Here is a little tutorial:
Color your embossing folder with gelatos
and spray a little water over it.
Add some paper and run it trough your machine.
And look how beautiful it is when you open
the embossing folder.
Quickly wash your embossing folder
to take the gelatos off.

And this is the finished card
with Club Scrap's Aspen papers
and It's a hoot stamps.

Thank you for looking.

Have a creative day!









2 comments:

Laura said...

Love all your cards! Thanks for the great ideas-I need to dig out my wood grain emb. folder! I really like the owl who is popping through a hole in the tree!!! Also love the card with the leaves, the word, tranquil, and the washi tape. You have very cute Owl sentiments too! Thanks again for sharing your creativity!!! hugs, Laura

Unknown said...

You are masterful at so many techniques and using produces from different artists! Thanks for all the inspiration you provide.